“Freedom!” the pots exclaimed!
As with any glaze firing, cracking open the kiln door reveals whether the hours of work previously result in glorious squeals of joy or a heavy Potter’s heart.
Fortunately – the door opened to reveal more of the former rather than the later! HUZZAH!!
My coloured tests fired great and there are a few pieces I’m quite taken with. A few of the stamped beakers that were on the top shelve don’t seem as clear as those closer to the bottom (thicker glaze application could be the issue) and I did have a couple beakers that cracked on me so it wasn’t a perfect firing but pretty close 🙂
As keen as I was to get these items out of the kiln, I’m now even more excited to get another load in and really perfect that firing schedule. I know I’ve got to pay more attention to the small details (especially when it comes to applying the oxides on the stamps) and not wacking vessels on kiln shelves as I stack – I may have cracked two beakers doing that * facepalm *
Well that was my Weds – hope yours was as excitable as mine 🙂